1. ACADEMIC SESSION:
The academic session tentatively begins in the first week of August and ends in the last week of June. It is divided into two parts:
• Odd Term: From 1st Monday of August to 1st Friday before Christmas.
• Even Term: From 1st Monday of January to 1st Friday of May.
Note: Academic Session of the first Term will be decided based on the counselling schedule.
2. ACADEMIC CALENDAR:
The exact dates of all the important events, such as orientation, registration, late registration, commencement of classes, submission of documents, examinations, submissions of grades, vacation, mid-term break, etc., during the Academic Session are specified in the Academic Calendar of the College, approved by the Director of the College.
• Registration is a very important procedural part of academic system. All students are required to register in person for each Term for the courses to be pursued by them, as per the Program, on the dates specified in the Academic Calendar.
• Failure to register will debar the student from appearing in Examination.
4. ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT:
• Students admitted/ registered in a Term are required to attend all the regular course of lectures, tutorials, practicals, seminar, project, debate, case study, field study, etc. and other prescribed curricular and co-curricular activities scheduled for them.
• In order to be eligible to appear in the Mid-Term Examination and End-Term Examination the average attendance of a student in a Term must be 75%.
• The Director of the college may condone shortage of percentage in attendance not exceeding 10% provided that the student has been absent with prior permission for the reasons acceptable to him.
• The attendance shall be counted from the date of commencement of classes in each term of the academic session.
• In case, the student’s overall attendance is below 75%, he/she shall be allowed to appear in the Examination in only those subjects in which his/her attendance is equal to or more than 75%.
• Any student who has shortage of attendance in two consecutive terms for any reason whatsoever will have to submit a sworn affidavit as per policy of College.
• Attendance will be made mandatory, and no relaxation would be given. If the student remains absent for more than THREE days, either continuously or in gaps, then he/she would be required to bring his/her parents.
• Viva-voce would be conducted everyday during the lab-hours.
• Students who remain absent in the sessionals would not be allowed to fill the University Examination forms.
5. ASSESSMENT/EVALUATION PROCEDURE:
The evaluation of students in a course is a continuous process and is based on their performance in different examinations/tests as mentioned below:
A. Theory Courses
• Continuous Assessment (Based on Internal Examinations) carrying 66%
• Continuous Assessment (Assignments/Attendance/Quiz) carrying 34%
B. Practical Courses
• Continuous Assessment (based on Lab work 40%, Lab record 20%, Viva 20%, Attendance 20%)
• End-Term Examination (ETE) carrying 50 Marks weightage.
5.1 CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT (CA) FOR THEORY COURSES:
• The Continuous Assessment shall be conducted by the concerned faculty and their associates (if any) who are taking classes and will be monitored by their respective Heads of the Departments/Class coordinators.
• The class tests/ quizzes/ multiple choice question tests/ group discussions/ debates/ case studies/ field studies/ group activities, etc., can be conducted by the concerned faculty during the Term as per his/her course plan.
5.2 MID-TERM EXAMINATION (MTE) FOR THEORY COURSES:
• There will be one Mid-Term Examination during each Term of one and half hour (90 minutes) duration for each course.
• The MTE will be conducted by the college on completion of 60-70% of the syllabus of each course.
• The date-sheet of the examination will be announced by the college well in advance.
• In case a student does not appear in Mid-Term Examination, he/she shall not be given another chance to appear in this examination under normal circumstances.
5.3 END-TERM EXAMINATION (ETE) FOR THEORY COURSES:
• There will be an End Term Examination at the end of each Term of three hour duration for each course.
• The ETE will be conducted by the H.P.T.U, Hamirpur, as per the schedule mentioned in the university Academic Calendar.
• The date-sheet of ETE will be announced by the Controller of Examinations, H.P.T.U- Hamirpur.
5.4 EVALUATION FOR LABORATORY COURSES:
For the laboratory and practical works, the Continuous Assessment and End Term Examination marks distribution shall be as follows:
|Continuous Assessment||End Term Examination|
|Record Mark (based on continuous assessment of Lab/ Practical works considering punctuality and timely submission of lab records).||15%||Lab experiment Procedure writing Tabulation Innovation etc. as applicable||60%|
Declaration of Result:
• The result for each term shall be declared within the specified period as per the provisions of the Examination Ordinances/ Rules of the H.P.T.U- Hamirpur
PTA committee Shiva B. Pharmacy
Call: 9816079160 , 9816760533 / Email:email@example.com